Volta Mantovana is a small center of the moraine hills valances just south of Lake Garda.
In the eastern part of the municipality flows the river Mincio (from Lake Garda to Mantua and the river Po ') and the territories on the right bank extends the Mincio Park.
In the territory are mixed in a happy union presences naturalistic, environmental, landscape, architectural and historical charm.
The old town is well preserved and extended: in the middle, in a dominant position on the plain to the south, the Castle which dates from before the year one thousand, and of which there are still extensive tracts of the walls and two towers.
The most representative monument is the Palazzo Gonzaga.
It was built as a country residence around 1460 by Barbara of Brandenburg and Ludovico Gonzaga, Marquis of Mantua, within the walls of the ancient Castle, taking advantage of existing houses, a tower and part of the walls.
Since 1982 the owner is the municipality that has made the Town Council Offices.
The building is characterized by asymmetrical façade with stone portal and two rows of windows and three characteristic giant chimneys.
Inside are decorated wooden ceilings, some dating from around 1500. Some ground-floor rooms and, above all, on the first floor are decorated with frescoes.
Striking is the Italian garden, built in the early sixteenth century four floors asymmetrical, with a panoramic terrace designed according to the format of a monastic cloister.
A tunnel connects the palace to the old stables, in front of the building.
The life of the building is linked to other important people who attended:
The typical dish of Gonzaga are the "capunsei".
These are small dumplings elongated and tapered, made of stale bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, grated nutmeg, one clove of crushed garlic, a little 'of melted butter (once lard) and some eggs.
Cooked in a good hot soup are served, dry, with various seasonings: with butter and sage, with tomatoes, with sausage Mantua well browned, with herbs, etc.